I've been chosen as a Thogger by my web friend Ex Utero, as well as by Magpie. Thank you, thank you. A Thogger is a thinking blog, or a blog that makes you think, and it's a new meme started by Dr. John Crippen. Ex utero chose five blogs that make him think, and now it's my turn to do the same. Here's my dirty little secret, though. Even though I'm a blogger, I don't really read blogs that much. I would like to, but hey, life interferes sometimes. Anyway, here's five blogs I read that make me think:
1. Tales from the Womb by Ex Utero. I know, he nominated me and now I'm nominating him, but it's true that I read his blog more than any other. It's an eclectic mix of fiction and neonatology, with the occasional post about Neanderthals and Komodo dragons thrown in. (Note to Ex: I really like the Neanderthal and dragon stuff.) I'm looking forward to raising a glass with him at a conference this spring.
2. Dream Mom. Beautifully written by a mother of a special needs child, it speaks of her love for her son while still acknowledging the burden it can be caring for him.
3. Fat Doctor. She makes me laugh, and I like to laugh. When composing a description of herself for a dating service, she entitled it "Never been incarcerated." Need I say more?
4. Flea. Doesn't everyone read Flea? Or at least look at his pictures?
5. Barbados Butterfly, awarded posthumously, or postblogumously. A surgical resident or registrar in Australia (actually, I'm not really sure what a registrar is), she was the first person ever to leave a comment on my blog. Sadly, she had to shut her blog down because her hospital didn't like it. Barb, I hope you're reading this and that life is good down under.
There are many, many more I'd like to mention, but the meme limits us to five. Maybe some other time!