1. Lose Again, by Karla Bonoff. Karla Bonoff wrote many of the songs that Linda Ronstadt made into hits, and she does a nice, spare version of this one on her greatest hits CD.
2. Avalon, by Roxy Music. I recently purchased the CD 'The Best of Roxy Music." The first 8 songs are very good, the remaining ones rot.
3. From Boulder to Birmingham, by Emmy Lou Harris. This is just a very pretty song.
4. Tell Me On a Sunday, from the eponymous musical written by Andrew Lloyd Webber, as sung by Sarah Brightman. Perhaps the best song ever.
5. It's a Hard Rain Gonna Fall. I recently heard a CD with Joan Baez doing this Dylan song, and on the last verse she imitates his style of singing. It's pretty good.
6. Silver Lining, written by David Gray, as performed by Bonnie Raitt. Very good. Check it out.
7. Hey Ya, by Outkast. I've only heard this song once, when I was visiting my daughter at her college a couple of years ago, but I've been fascinated by it and it's catch phrase "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" ever since. I guess it's time to go to iTunes and ante up 99 cents to buy it.
I have to stop after only seven? Oh well, here are seven people to tag: (If you want to participate, fine, if you don't I won't be offended.)
1. Ex Utero of Tales From the Womb
2. Clark Bartram of Unintelligent Design
3. Dream Mom
5. Fat Doctor
6. Barbados Butterfly
7. Kim of Emergiblog